Hosted by Bookmark to Blog
Each month has an assigned motif and the task is to read a book within that theme. The rules are not strict so no worries if you skip a month or read out of order.
Here are the motifs:
- JAN– Book to Movie or Audio – Read a book that has a movie based off of it. For an extra challenge, see the movie or listen to the audio book as well.
- FEB– Award Winner – Read a book that has won recognition or a literary award. Here’s a list of literary awards to help you get started on your search: Literary Awards.
- MAR– Genre Jumble – Read a book in a genre that you’ve never tried or that you’re least familiar with. For example, if you typically reach for romance novels, try a mystery this time. Ask your local librarian for great suggestions on the genre your least familiar with.
- APR– Mystery, Murder, and Mayhem – Read a murder/mystery book, a book in which someone dies of mysterious causes, or a book in which the truth must come out.
- MAY– Library Love – Show your library some love and visit your local branch. Choose a book to read that they have on display.
- JUN– Take A Trip – Choose a book to read that takes place in a country different than the one you live in or choose a book written by an author that is from a country different than your own.
- JUL– Standing Up – Read a book in which the main character stands up for themselves, stands against an enemy, or stands up for something they believe in.
- AUG– Alternate Reality – Read a book that’s set in the future, on another planet, in another dimension, or in an unknown world. A Dystopian book will count this month as well.
- SEP– Furry Friends – Read a book that includes an animal either as a main character or supporting character. Horses, cats, dogs, insects, bird, etc. The book doesn’t have to be about the animal but the animal needs to play some sort of role in the story or be mentioned several times throughout the book.
- OCT– Goblins, and Ghost, and Ghouls, Oh My! – Cozy mystery ghost stories, paranormal creeptastic, funky fantasy creatures- it’s up to you!
- NOV– An Oldie but a Goodie – Pick a book published before 2000 that you’ve always wanted to read, but just never got to. Or pick a book set in the past (before 2000).
- DEC– That’s a Wrap – Finish a series you’ve been meaning to finish or read the next book in a series you started but never finished.
Click HERE for more details!